JellyPages.com

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

FRIENDS

"Our opportunities to give of ourselves are indeed limitless, but they are also perishable.  There are hearts to gladden.  There are kind words to say.  There are gifts to be given.  There are deeds to be done.  There are souls to be saved."  
President Thomas S. Monson

I have been blessed to have such great friends.  So many individuals have touched my life. Their examples of service, kindness and love towards me and others have inspired me to be a better person.
Our bishop's wife,  in theYokosuka Military Ward is that kind of person.  She unselfishly gives of her time and talents.  We have been most grateful to her and the bishop for their kindness and service they have rendered to us as a senior missionary couple. 
There are no words to express how much we have come to love the Japanese people. Their quiet dignity, respect, honesty, dedication, generosity,  kindness and hospitality is overwhelming.  The Japanese women that have become my friends have touched my life immensely.   Although there is often a language barrier, we speak the same language of love and friendship and I have learned that is enough!

Wakako 'Wakka' is a member of the Japanese branch here in Yokosuka.  She has become a dear friend.  She is teaching me  Japanese and I am teaching her English.  Wakka also taught me to make onigiri and other Japanese dishes.

Mae, a member of our military ward, introduced me to grocery shopping in Japan.  She also taught me how to make delicious miso soup.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment