JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 9, 2013

And we are off...



Early this a.m. we left Draper, UT  where we have been staying for 2 days.  Yesterday we called each of our children and grandchildren to say good-bye.  Bethany drove us to the airport and helped us with our luggage.  I was expecting to pay a fee for my luggage because it was overweight, but after taking out my scriptures and a couple other items and placing them in my husband's luggage I hit the 50 lb. limit.  We are en route to Seattle and will then get on a connecting flight to Narita Airport in Tokyo.
As I boarded the plane, a gentleman accidentally bumped me and said, "Excuse me, Sister."
He then said, "You are a nun, aren't you Sister?"  Before I could explain, he sat down in his seat and I had to move down the aisle.
I have much gratitude in my heart today for lessons learned, values taught and love shared while at the MTC these past 3 weeks.  I simply desire to be a faithful, humble servant of my Father in Heaven as I serve others in the Japan Tokyo Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment